Lemon Zest Enzyme
Professional Use Only. The Lemon Zest Enzyme exfoliates and brightens the skin with the antioxidant and brightening benefits of lemon. This product contains 8% arbutin, 6% lactic acid, 3% glycolic acid, and 2% kojic acid. It is designed for normal and dry skin with pigmentation. It promotes deep hydration that protects from environmental damage while relieving the surface signs of aging. Arbutin and kojic acid also provide extreme lightening capabilities.
Tingle Factor: 2-3 pH: 2.11
- Normal to dry skin
- Mature skin
- Hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Sun damaged skin
Professional use only.
- This enzyme will “wow” your clients.
- The product has a shelf life of 2 – 3 months. One 4 ounce jar provides approximately 16 treatments.
- When using this enzyme on clients with rosacea or melasma, you may not want to use steam.
- Advanced “power facial” protocol: Mix in ½ tsp of 20% lactic acid to the enzyme for dry skin with pigmentation (can cause skin to be dry and flaky for 3-4 days).
- Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Zest) is a natural enzyme to digest dead skin cells. Lemon also clarifies the skin, acts as a natural antioxidant, and lightens the skin.
- Alpha-Arbutin is from the bearberry plant and is a non-irritating skin brightener. It is a natural alternative to hydroquinone.
- Witch Hazel is a flowering plant; it is a strong antioxidant and astringent that is often used as a natural remedy for psoriasis, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- L-Lactic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid working as an exfoliant, allowing dead skin cells to slough off and making room for regrowth of new skin. It improves wrinkling and roughness, and it softens the skin.
- Glycolic Acid weakens desmosomes, allowing dead skin cells to slough off to reveal healthier, smoother, brighter looking skin.
- Kojic Acid inhibits melanin production by inhibiting tyrosinase. It also provides gradual and continual skin brightening to relieve skin discolorations.
- L-Ascorbic Acid is the chirally correct form of Vitamin C and the most effective for the skin to stimulate collagen production. L-Ascorbic Vitamin C is the only antioxidant that has been proven to increase collagen synthesis to maintain healthy skin.