Glycolic and Retinol Pads
Glycolic/Retinol Pads are designed to gently and progressively renew the skin to provide brightening, clarifying, and restoring benefits to all skin types in need of perfecting.
- Brightens the appearance of pigmentation spots
- Assists with surface renewal and resurfacing
- Lessens future breakouts
- Assists in anti-wrinkle actions
The Glycolic and Retinol Pads contain glycolic acid and retinol which give the formula its yellow color visible upon opening.
The kojic acid in the product is potent and highly active. While kojic acid does not affect the yellow color initially, over time it will darken with changes in light, pH or temperature, causing the actual pads to darken. This is normal and does not reduce efficacy of the formula.
The seal of the product can also absorb the darkened product. Over time kojic acid will darken causing the pads to darken as well. Off gassing can occur, which can be absorbed by the seal of the jar and may result in darkening or discoloration of the seal. Discoloration of the seal is normal and does not reduce efficacy of the product.
- All skin types and all Fitzpatricks
- Hyperpigmentation, melasma
- Oily and acneic skin
- Use the Glycolic/Retinol Pads 2 – 3 times per week for pore refinement or acneic skin. For best penetration of this product, use with the Glycolic Cleanser and/or Retinol 2% Exfoliating Scrub/Mask.
- For hyperpigmentation or melasma, use daily morning and evening to spot treat, applying only to pigmented areas. Reduce frequency after pigmentation has lightened.
- Do not rinse; let the product stay on the skin.
- If a client is going through a peel series, have them use pads twice per day then use as needed once the desired correction is reached.
- Glycolic Acid (2%) is a deeply penetrating alpha hydroxy acid that reduces wrinkles and promotes resurfacing to refine skin texture. It provides progressive skin clearing and promotes cellular renewal that expedites the healing of breakouts.
- Arbutin (4%) limits melanin production and reduces visible pigmentation through lightening actions and the inhibition of tyrosinase.
- Kojic Acid (3%) inhibits tyrosinase and also brightens existing pigmentation naturally. It is comparable to hydroquinone without the negative side effects.
- Retinol (1%) is a Vitamin A derivative that causes “forced exfoliation” to stimulate collagen production and reduce visible signs of aging.